- Cryptocurrency financial services company Diginex Limited will be listed for trading on Nasdaq starting today.
- The statement outlined that the listing became possible after Diginex completed a “business combination transaction” with a special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) dubbed 8i Enterprises Acquisition Corp.
- Diginex stock went live on Nasdaq Thursday morning under the ticker symbol “EQOS, which resembles the company’s trading platform – equos.io. Diginex warrants will trade under the “EQOSW” symbol.
- A critical development that facilitated the Nasdaq listing came recently when the company raised $50 million. The funds’ purpose was to “strengthen the balance sheet and enable Diginex to realize its vision to build a digital asset ecosystem that offers innovative products and services that are compliant, fair, and trusted.”
- Company CEO Richard Byworth commented that this is a “watershed” moment for Diginex and the cryptocurrency field as his firm is the “first-ever company with a crypto exchange on Nasdaq.” This enables US-based investors to directly buy the equity of a firm within the cryptocurrency ecosystem. He believes this will open the door for financial institutions “to participate in the enormous opportunity that digital assets present.”
You Might Also Like:
- Diginex Chairman Chi-Won Yoon noted that the Nasdaq listing will help the company to bring more transparency and accountability to the entire cryptocurrency industry.